NEW YORK , March 18, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. (“Oppenheimer”), a number one funding financial institution, wealth supervisor, and a subsidiary of Oppenheimer Holdings (NYSE: OPY), right now introduced the profitable conclusion of its 31 st Annual Healthcare Convention, held nearly from March 16 via 18 . The occasion introduced collectively a broad spectrum of private and non-private corporations spanning all main sectors of the healthcare trade, together with bio & specialty prescription drugs; biotechnology; medical units; life science instruments and diagnostics; healthcare info expertise and distribution; and healthcare suppliers and servicers, to debate vital tendencies and investing alternatives within the sector.
Michael Margolis , R.Ph., Oppenheimer’s Co-Head of Healthcare Funding Banking and Head of Healthcare Life Sciences Funding Banking, stated, “Healthcare is at all times one of the crucial important and dynamic sectors within the international economic system, however right now it performs a extra essential position than ever because it helps us map a path out of the pandemic and again to a extra steady setting. After a file 12 months during which our Healthcare Funding Banking group elevated bookrun deal quantity by 73% and common bookrun deal dimension by 50%, Oppenheimer was happy to facilitate a sturdy slate of discussions between executives, buyers and different thought leaders at our 31 st Annual Healthcare Convention.”
The primary day of the convention featured keynote remarks from senior executives of the Marwood Group, a number one healthcare-focused advisory and consulting agency, on present and forthcoming legislative and regulatory responses to COVID-19, their potential influence on the trade, and key upcoming catalysts. Audio system included:
- Joseph Mercer , Director, Managed Care and Healthcare Providers. Mr. Mercer’s experience consists of protecting authorities medical insurance packages, with a deal with ACA trade and Medicare Benefit coverage points and catalysts . Mr. Mercer beforehand served as a Program Analyst on the Heart for Client Info and Insurance coverage Oversight (CCIIO) division at CMS.
- Steve Williams , PhD, Director, Life Sciences. Dr. Williams leads Marwood’s life sciences group, which incorporates protection of prescription drugs, biotechnology, scientific laboratories, PBMs, and medical units. Dr. Williams was beforehand an funding banker centered on pharmaceutical and biotechnology corporations.
- Michael Gaffin , Senior Political Strategist. Mr. Gaffin leverages his wealth of Capitol Hill expertise to steer legislative outreach and evaluation in Marwood Group’s Washington DC workplace. He beforehand served because the Legislative Director for the bipartisan US Senate Northeast Midwest Coalition, chaired by Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH).
Day two of the occasion featured a keynote handle from Dr. Scott Gottlieb on the COVID-19 ‘endgame,’ one 12 months after the pandemic commenced. Dr. Gottlieb is a doctor who served because the 23 rd Commissioner of the Meals and Drug Administration from 2017 to 2019, and is now a resident fellow on the American Enterprise Institute and a accomplice on the enterprise capital agency New Enterprise Associates.
Oppenheimer’s 31 st Annual Healthcare Convention featured shows and fireplace chats from over 240 healthcare corporations, led by Oppenheimer’s healthcare fairness analysis analysts:
- Matthew Biegler , Senior Analyst, Rising Biotechnology
- Mark Breidenbach , Managing Director and Senior Analyst, Rising Biotechnology
- Francois Brisbois , Managing Director and Senior Analyst, Biotechnology
- Kevin DeGeeter , Managing Director and Senior Analyst, Biotechnology and Diagnostics
- Leland Gershell , Managing Director and Senior Analyst, Biopharmaceuticals
- Suraj Kalia , Managing Director and Senior Analyst, Medical Know-how and Gadgets
- Justin Kim , Senior Analyst, Biotechnology
- Steven Lichtman , Managing Director and Senior Analyst, Medical Gadgets
- Jay Olson , Managing Director and Senior Analyst, Biotechnology
- Hartaj Singh, Managing Director and Senior Analyst, Biotechnology
- Michael Wiederhorn , Managing Director and Senior Analyst, Healthcare Suppliers and Providers
Erica L. Moffett , Managing Director and Affiliate Director of Analysis at Oppenheimer, stated, “As we exit the pandemic amidst unprecedented legislative initiatives to bolster the economic system, trade executives and buyers alike are searching for perception on the way forward for the healthcare sector and attendant funding alternatives. Our Annual Healthcare Convention has grow to be a number one discussion board for these vital discussions, and we thank all the businesses, buyers and thought leaders who attended.”
Oppenheimer & Co. Inc.
Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. (Oppenheimer), a principal subsidiary of Oppenheimer Holdings Inc. (OPY on the New York Inventory Trade), and its associates present a full vary of wealth administration, securities brokerage and funding banking companies to high-net-worth people, households, company executives, native governments, companies and establishments. For extra info, please go to www.oppenheimer.com .
View authentic content material: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/oppenheimer–co-inc-successfully-concludes-31st-annual-healthcare-conference-301250355.html
SOURCE Oppenheimer & Co. Inc.