SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 5, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The global induced pluripotent stem cells production market size is estimated to reach USD 1.76 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 8.0% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is driven by technological advancements in induced pluripotent cell manufacturing, rising awareness about the therapeutic potency of such cells, and extensive research on the development of regenerative medicine using induced pluripotent cells. The ability of iPS cells to differentiate with maximum diversity has been one of the key drivers propelling its usage in gene and cell therapy applications.
Key Insights & Findings:
- Widespread potential applications of iPS cells in drug development and discovery has resulted in the segment’s dominance in 2020
- On the other hand, regenerative medicine is expected to be the fastest-growing application segment over the forecast period due to the high usage of iPSCs in treating a number of injuries and degenerative diseases
- Automated platforms for iPSCs production have gained immense demand owing to the rising requirement for reproducible large-scale stem cell and differentiated progeny production, with minimum variation
- Research and academic institutes are projected to register the fastest CAGR from 2021 to 2028 due to a rise in the number of collaborations between researchers
- These collaborations are largely targeted towards finding out the potential application of iPSCs in stem cell biology, translational research, clinical investigation of diseases
- Favorable government initiatives, high R&D expenditure, availability of advanced research facilities & skilled professionals, and active policies pertaining to cell therapies have contributed to the dominance of the North American regional market in 2020
- The key players are engaged in exploring iPSC therapy to its highest potential across different emerging applications, contributing to the market growth
- In February 2021, Evotec entered into a partnership with the Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf. The partnership aims to develop iPSC- based cell therapy for the treatment of heart failure
- Under this partnership, Evotec and UKE will leverage their mutual strength for the development of iPSC- based therapy approach with the help of Engineered Heart Tissue for curing heart failure
Read 150 page market research report, “Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Production Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Process, By Product, By Workflow, By Application, By End-use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 – 2028“, by Grand View Research
The high therapeutic potential of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) has expanded its applications in the past few years making significant contributions to the market revenue. For instance, extensive research activities are being carried out on iPSC-derived exosomes, organoid-generation for drug testing, and iPSC-based vaccines. iPS cells have paved the way for the commercialization of innovative cell-based therapies in regenerative medicine owing to their ability to propagate indefinitely. In addition, iPS cells have extended their applications in regenerative medicines and therapies as they effectively avoid the ethical limitations of human embryonic stem cells and lower the risks of immune rejection, contamination, & infection.
Degenerative eye disorders are the most common targeted disorders in induced pluripotent cell-based clinical trials, along with cardiac syndromes, such as myocardial ischemia and heart failure, followed by spinal cord injury and neuropathies – Parkinson’s disease, and thrombocytopenia from aplastic anemia. Moreover, the rising popularity of automated platforms for iPS cells production is further contributing to the industry growth. The automated production platform offers an ideal chance of reliable reproducibility of cells in addition to cost reduction and increases throughput.
Acknowledging the profitable opportunities posed by the market, key players in the induced pluripotent stem cells generation industry are focusing on mergers & acquisitions to strengthen their presence. In March 2021, Axol Biosciences signed a merger agreement with Censo Biotechnology. This entity is set to become one of the leading providers of products and services in the iPSC-based immune cell, neuroscience, and cardiac modeling for the drug discovery and screening market.
Grand View Research has segmented the global induced pluripotent stem cells production market on the basis of process, workflow, product, application, end-use, and region:
- iPSCs Production Process Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- iPSCs Production Workflow Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Cell Culture
- Cell Characterization/Analysis
- iPSCs Production Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Automated Platforms
- Consumables & Kits
- iPSCs Production Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Drug Development and Discovery
- Regenerative Medicine
- Toxicology Studies
- iPSCs Production End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Research & Academic Institutes
- Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Companies
- Hospitals & Clinics
- iPSCs Production Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Production Market
- Axol Biosciences Ltd.
- Hitachi Ltd.
- Merck KGaA
- REPROCELL Inc.
- Fate Therapeutics
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- StemCellFactory III
- Applied StemCell Inc.
Check out more studies related to stem cells, conducted by Grand View Research:
- Stem Cells Market – The global stem cells market size generated a revenue of USD 9.38 billion in 2020. It is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.8% from 2021 to 2028. The factors contributing to the growth include increasing demand for biologics, technological advancement in stem cell therapeutics, and a growing focus on the development of personalized medicines.
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells Market – The global mesenchymal stem cells market size was valued at USD 2.4 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.6% from 2021 to 2028. An exponential rise in mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) based research and its implications in the field of regenerative medicine fuel the growth of the market.
- Human Embryonic Stem Cells Market – The global Human Embryonic Stem Cells market size was valued at USD 494.7 million in 2015. These are the pluripotent cells that possess the ability to get differentiated into all germ layers. Rising demand owing to the increasing incidence of genetic disorders is anticipated to boost growth.
Browse through Grand View Research’s coverage of the Global Biotechnology Industry
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.